Self assessment tax

Share This Thread
  1. Raj Dhar

    Raj Dhar New Member

    My father is a defense pensioner. His pension income plus arrears plus interest on Fixed Deposits add up to Rs. 7.68 lakh for the assessment year 2016-17. How should he file his tax return. He is a very senior citizen (84 years). Which challan to be used to deposit tax?
  2. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    If thats the only income then he may use ITR-1
    Use challan 280
    Use Self assessment Tax
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Advance Tax or Self Assessment Tax Income Tax Jan 11, 2018
How to get details of Self Assessment Tax paid? Income Tax Jul 19, 2017
Deposited as Self Assessment Tax(head-300) instead of Regular Assessment (Head-400) Income Tax Mar 29, 2017
Self assessment tax Income Tax Jul 25, 2016
Self Assessment tax for FY 2015-2016 Income Tax May 19, 2016