Self occupied flat & rented house tax benefit

Share This Thread
  1. Dear Sir
    If I have one self occupied flat still Can I show living in rented house & getting hra tax benefit or all my hra will be taxable if I have one self occupied residential property.
  2. Manoj Mehra

    Manoj Mehra Active Member

    To claim HRA - you will have to show that you are living in a Rented Accommodation.

    And if you are living in a rented accommodation, it means you are staying in somebody else's house and not your own house.

    A person at any given point of time can either stay in his own house or on rent.

    Therefore, you wont be able to show your own house as self occupied.
Draft saved Draft deleted