Service Tax on Total Amt or Amt above Rs. 10 Lakhs?

Share This Thread
  1. immanuel

immanuel New Member

hai this financial year my income crosses 9.5lks and and i didn't pay service tax because i didn't cross 10lks , if i cross the income of 10lks whether i have to pay service tax for the whole amount or i have to pay only for the amount after 10lks.

2. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

For the 1st year, you would be required to pay Service Tax only the amount that exceeds Rs. 10 Lakhs

However, from next year onwards - you would be required to pay tax on the total amount.

3. immanuel

immanuel New Member

thanks from that 9.5lks i have paid 7lks as a commission wheather i have to deduct tds for the amout i paid pls advice

4. Parul_Gupta

As far as deducting TDS is concerned, it depends on whether you are liable to tax audit or not.

And as your turnover is less than the specified limits - you wont be required to deduct TDS on payments.

5. immanuel

immanuel New Member

as an individual wheather i have rights to dedut tds

6. immanuel

immanuel New Member

i applied for the service tax no but my auditor told that i have pay service tax for the entire amount and there is no slab for service tax

7. Parul_Gupta

There is no slab rates in service tax.

8. immanuel

immanuel New Member

last year my turn over crosses 10lk but i didn't pay any service tax because i didn't have a service tax no ,only now i have applied for service tax no because it reached 9.5lks so early

9. Parul_Gupta

As far as TDS deduction is concerned - If your expected turnover in the current year is less than Rs. 25 Lakhs/ 1 Crore, Tax Audit wont be applicable in your case and therefore you are not required to deduct TDS.

10. immanuel

immanuel New Member

Then how I will show this amount into my account book as a income if I show as an income I have to pay income tax on higher slab pls advice

Draft saved Draft deleted