Shifting of PPF Account in SBI on Job Transfer

Share This Thread
  1. Debasish Pattnaik

Debasish Pattnaik New Member

I have opened a PPF account in SBI, Joda branch. I am to be transferred now from this location to another unit which is far away from Joda. How can I transfer my PPF account to the new location or is it not necessary to transfer the PPF account as I would be making transactions (deposits) online through net-banking facility. Is it mandatory to visit the branch physically for closure or at the time of maturity. Kindly advise me on this matter, since I am not much conversant with dealing such issues.

Thanking you,
    Debasish

2. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

As you would be transacting online - it hardly matters at which location you have your PPF Account.

You are not required to visit the Branch regularly and would be required to visit only at the time of maturity. Infact, there would be a lot of time for maturity of your PPF Account and by that time you may even get the option of online application for maturity of PPF Account.

Infact if yours is a transferable job - it is not advisable to keep changing your branch every time along with your transfer.

Such things should mainly be opened at your permanent residential address

Draft saved Draft deleted