Should Form 104 be submitted along with 109 or later?

Share This Thread
  1. Manisha Bhattad

Manisha Bhattad New Member

Hello all!
    I am Manisha. I will be completing two years of my articleship on 14/12/2014. I have decided to undergo Industrial Training during the third year of my articleship which commences from 15/12/2014. I have a confusion on submission of the required forms to ICAI.
    Form 109 is to be submitted for termination of articles and Form 104 for registering as an Industrial Trainee. Also no objection statement from the principal and request letter from the article is to be submitted at the ICAI for pursuing Industrial training.
    I have decided to terminate my articleship on 15/12/2014 with the consent of my Principal. However I have not yet been placed as an industrial trainee. So I will be unable to execute Form 104 immediately. Is it necessary to submit Form 109 only with Form 104 or can I submit Form 109 and then submit Form 104 after being placed as an industrial trainee.
    Also, should the letter to the institute for granting permission for Industrial training be submitted prior to submission of Form 109 or can it be submitted along with Form 109?
    Please help.

2. Amit Sahni

Amit Sahni Active Member

You can either submit Form 109 now or submit it later along with Form 104. ICAI will accept it in both the cases.

In case you intent to take transfer for the purpose of industrial training, you dont have to submit any letter to institute asking for permission

3. Manisha Bhattad

Manisha Bhattad New Member

Thank you for your response. Is there any time limit within which I have to submit form 109 if I don't get any placement as an Industrial Trainee within one month?

4. Amit Sahni

Amit Sahni Active Member

You have to submit the form 109 for termination of articleship within 30 days.

5. sangeeta mudaliyar

sangeeta mudaliyar New Member

I did My two years Articleship from Mumbai and now joining Industrial Training in Bangalore. where do i need to submit Form 104, Do I have to submit that in Bangalore or in Mumbai and do i have to frank the form 104 and if yes from Mumbai or Bangalore?

Draft saved Draft deleted