Should I first get my PAN Card correct or file ITR?

Share This Thread
  1. PBC2

    PBC2 New Member

    Dear Sir,

    My date of birth mentioned in the PAN Card is incorrect. If i opt to correct changes in my PAN Card it would take time and so the due date for filing ITR would expire. So guide me as to whether firstly apply for changes in PAN Card or firstly file the ITR and then apply for rectification in my PAN Card.

    Guide me as soon as possible.

    Thanking You
  2. V K Khanna

    V K Khanna Active Member

    If change of date of birth in PAN does not affect your tax liability, then it is advisable to go for filing of return first.
Draft saved Draft deleted