Status -"ITRV received after due date"

Share This Thread
  1. Varun Raj Sharma

Varun Raj Sharma New Member

Hi,

I submitted my return for AY 15-16 well in time but the duly signed copy was submitted to CPC Bangalore around after an year. That means ITR-15-16 submitted on August 9 2015 and signed copy received on August 3 2016. This was a mistake from my side. I have to get returns on IT for 15-16.
    Should I need to submit ITR again? Should I wait for IT dept to process my return? Is there any penalty or fees that I need to pay for this act? What should I do to get my returns?

Thanks in Advance
    Varun

2. you have to file revised return. that revised return will be treated as original return.

now better to e-verify your ITR using OTPs

3. Varun Raj Sharma

Sure Thanks. Can I file it now or is there any time duration to do that?

4. make sure that the revised return is done immediately once you are made aware of it because there is a time limit for filing the revised return also which is 1 year from the end of the assessment year or completion of the assessment of returns by the assessing officer whichever is earlier ,

5. Varun Raj Sharma

Thanks Satayaraju. I have submitted my revised return. Lets hope for the best.

Draft saved Draft deleted