Status of HUF after death of Karta (my father)

Share This Thread
  1. rajan bhatia

rajan bhatia New Member

I am the karta of my father's HUF after his drath.we are only two coparrner one is my mother and other is myself means karta&i have my on HUF.now i want to know shall i contine my father's HUF.& how long it will continue.shall it continue alone after my mother.

2. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

When you have your own HUF, I'm assuming that you are married.

So didnt your wife become a member of your father's HUF?

3. rajan bhatia

rajan bhatia New Member

Yes mem i m married.my wife is member of my HUF.I am karta of my father's HUF too and in my fater's HUF we are two member one is my self and other is my mother. Now my qustion is how long i run my father's HUF.

4. Parul_Gupta

1. Your wife automatically becomes a member of your father's HUF on your marriage so there are min 3 people in your father's HUF. Your children also automatically become a part of your father's HUF.

2. You can run this HUF till the time your mother is alive.

5. rajan bhatia

rajan bhatia New Member

6. rajan bhatia

rajan bhatia New Member

And after my mother shall i continue alone my father's Huf.? When i have my own huf.please explain

7. Parul_Gupta

I'm not sure on whether you are allowed to carry on a HUF after your mother has expired as the members in both yours as well as your fathers HUF would be the same.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  8. rajan bhatia

rajan bhatia New Member

But mem according to you my wife and my children are members of my fathet's HUF.SO may i run continue my father's HUF and wts happen abt property which i purchase imy father's huf name.now who is the benifesher

9. Parul_Gupta

In case your father's HUF is divided - all members of your father's HUF will get an equal share in the property.

Not sure, if you are allowed to continue your Father's HUF after the expiry of your mother.

10. Udeek

Udeek New Member

Greets all

My grandfather built our home under an HUF account. Both my father and grandfather have expired. What rights do i possess over the disputed property?

Draft saved Draft deleted