Tax against commission from sales

Share This Thread
  1. Akbar Shaik

Akbar Shaik New Member

Hi,
    I get the commission on the total sales done. My company deduct TDS of 10%. Iam already paying my income tax (For salary). Can I claim the TDS deducted? Please help me. Thanks in advance .....

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

The excess tax deducted can be claimed at the time of filing of income tax return.

In case the TDS deducted is more than the tax computed as per the income tax slabs, the excess TDS deducted can be claimed at the time of filing of income tax return.

Excess TDS deducted would be refunded with interest.

3. VAIBHAV DILIP RANE

VAIBHAV DILIP RANE Active Member

@Akbar Shaik

First of all Calculate Tax on your Total Income. (Total Income means = Salary + Commission + Any other Income )

Determine what Tax actually you have to pay as per Slab rate, add to that 3% edu cess,.. come on "Total Tax Figure (a)"....

Than Deduct whatever TDS credit stand in your PAN,... from "Total Tax Figure (a)",...

Than you can determine whether you are needed to pay Tax or you stand for Refund...

If you stand for Refund, and you have file return on time, than you shall get Refund along with Interest on it...

4. JAYESHKUMAR BHATT

JAYESHKUMAR BHATT New Member

ANY LIMIT FOR PAYABLE COMMISSIONS ON SALES

5. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

@JAYESHKUMAR BHATT : There is no such maximum limit on the amount paid as commission on sales.

Draft saved Draft deleted