Tax and other deduction on my income

Share This Thread
  1. Dear Team,
    I have rented out my commercial space and the rent was 65000 per month and my salary is 28000 per month, i just wanted to know about what are the taxes i have to pay like (TDS, service tax) if any other tax or deduction was applied please let me know and how i have to proceed further.
    Any registration is required for my land because i have to gave rent receipt to the tenant.
    Please suggest me a good solution how i can handle this.
    Awaiting for your positive response.
    Thanks in advance.
    Best Regards,
    Sourabh Singh
  2. Your rental income is below Rs. 10 lakh, so you dont need any service tax registration.
    if you provide any other services apart from renting , and gross receipts exceed 10 lakh including renting, then you have to take service tax number from department.
    And for TDS, it is the responsibility of your tenant, not you.
    And i dont think so you require any type of registration for you space. The property is in your name and you have proof of that is enough.

    For any query,
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
no pf deduction in new company Misc. Jan 10, 2017
Can I withdraw amt from ELSS MF if Deduction not claimed? Misc. Jul 26, 2016
additional deduction of 50000 for nps from a.y.2016-17 Misc. Feb 26, 2016
PF deduction Misc. Aug 29, 2014
query regarding deduction of tax on deceased fixed deposit certificate on maturity Misc. Aug 4, 2014