Tax benefit claim for amount paid for service tax of under constuction home

Share This Thread

    XYZABC New Member

    Dear Sir / Madam,
    I have paid 3% service tax (around 80 thousand rupees) for buying under construction house.
    Can I claim tax benefit for this amount? and under which section for IT-RETURN filing?
  2. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    The tax paid by you will become part of cost of acquisition of the property and hence indirectly, the deduction will be allowed while computing capital gain at the time of selling or otherwise transferring the property.
Draft saved Draft deleted