Tax liability on sale of residential flat

Share This Thread
  1. Rameshwar Bari

Rameshwar Bari New Member

Hi, I have purchased residential flat ( Under construction property) in Pune in 2011 . Registration was done on 07/01/2011 ( Index-II date), 20% amount was paid to builder. Being the under construction property , I have made final payment by 30.10.2013 & I have got possession from builder on 01/11/2013.

Now I want to sale this flat & planning to purchase new flat within 1-2 months. Whether the profit from sale of property shall be consider as Long term capital gain or short term capital gain. Which date will be consider for completing 3 years.

2. king999maker

king999maker Active Member

ur date of allotment is considered as purchase date, it is a long term capital gain

3. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

Your date of allotment would be considered as the date of acquisition and therefore it will be considered as Long Term Capital Gain.

4. Agree with gaurav sir and king999 maker.
    And as you are planning to purchase a new flat , u will get exemption u/s 54.

5. Rameshwar Bari

Rameshwar Bari New Member

Thanks for

Thank you Sir, Whether in my case date of allotment shall be consider as date of Registration as 07 Jan 2011. Please correct me if I am wrong.

6. Manoj Mehra

Manoj Mehra Active Member

7th Jan 2011 would be considered as the date of registration.

Draft saved Draft deleted