Tax on Balance Funds after Reinvestment of Capital Gains

Share This Thread
  1. Vatsala Manohar

    Vatsala Manohar New Member

    My query is if I sell my house which is more than 10 year old, and invest part of the amount in buying a new flat, how to reinvest the remaining part of sales proceeds, to avoid capital gains tax?
  2. gaurav_kumar

    gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

    To save tax on the remaining balance of Capital Gains - you can invest the remaining balance in Bonds specified under Section 54EC -

    Earlier it was allowed to reinvest the remaining balance in another property as well but it is not allowed now after the Budget 2014 specifically disallowed the same.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Signature of Chairman of Co-operative Society on Balance Sheet Misc. Sep 3, 2016
Utilising of balance cash in Demat account Misc. May 1, 2016
Is it mandatory for Partnership Firm to file Balance sheet with Registrar? Misc. Nov 16, 2015
MCA Forms applicable for filing Balance Sheet and P&L Misc. Aug 20, 2015
Interest & minimum balance charges Misc. Mar 27, 2015