Tax on Freelancer working for US based Company

Share This Thread
  1. reachsekar

    reachsekar New Member

    I'm working in India for US company as Contractor and earning in USD (through wire transfer). So there is no salary slip/certificate. How should I file the tax in India?
    Is it mandatory to have payslips to file the tax in this case ? And also Is it mandatory for employer (US company) to provide the payslips ? Please let me know.
  2. Karan Batra

    Karan Batra Well-Known Member

    No, it is not mandatory for you to have payslips.

    The income earned by you would be treated as your professional income and you would be allowed to claim expense deductions from the same.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Filing of 16A form(freelancer) Income Tax Mar 21, 2018
Tax Saving Tips For Freelancer Income Tax Nov 3, 2017
IncomeTax for Regular, Contract & FreeLancer employment Income Tax Jul 25, 2017
44ADA for freelancers Income Tax Dec 23, 2016
ITR-1 or ITR-4 for freelancers? Income Tax Aug 5, 2016