Tax on Property received on Family Partition

Share This Thread
  1. maruthi

    maruthi New Member

    I have to sell my property which i aquired 3 month ago from family partion deed and i want to purchase a house immediately.Do i need to pay any kind of tax on this . please reply me immediately.
  2. Neha Sharma

    Neha Sharma Active Member

    Since you have inherited this property from family partion deed, I'm assuming that this property would have been originally held by the family for more than 3 years and therefore long term capital asset.

    When you sell this house, Capital Gains tax would be levied on the same. However, if you invest this amount in buying a residential property - this amt wld be exempted from the levy of capital gains tax.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Tax on Property received as Gift from Mother Other Taxes Sep 7, 2016
Tax on sale of property received as Gift from Father Other Taxes Jul 13, 2015
Const. of House from Amt received from Ancestral Property Other Taxes Feb 27, 2015
Property Realted Problem in London Dr Ikhile +27789518085 USA Other Taxes Feb 4, 2019
TDS on Joint Property Other Taxes Feb 1, 2018