Tax on Salary from Indian Company received outside India

Share This Thread
  1. ihitcakhilesh

ihitcakhilesh New Member

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am going to Ghana for 9 to 12 months in the month of January 2015. My salary will be 3,000 US dollars when I will be at Ghana. The government organization will deposit my salary in my saving account in India when I will be in Ghana.

Condition is this I am working at Ghana and staying in Ghana and I am receiving my salary in Indian saving account in India, the organization is Indian and I have only stay visa at Ghana not working visa.

My question is this how much tax I have to pay in India. How much money will be deducted from my salary every month.

2. Sriti Jha

Sriti Jha New Member

From the facts mentioned above, what I can gather is that you are working for an Indian Company and receiving salary in your Indian Account. You are only visiting Ghana on a temporary basis for work.

In such a case, your salary would be taxable in India as per the Income tax slab rates.

The Current Income Tax Slab Rates are as follows:-

Upto Rs. 2.5 Lakhs - Nil
    2.5 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs - 10%
    5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs - 20%
    Above 10 Lakhs - 30%

Draft saved Draft deleted