Tax on sale of Flat recvd after Builder Collaboration

Share This Thread
  1. Arbind Prasad

Arbind Prasad New Member

Sir,
    My father was having a piece of land, purchased by him in the yr 1975. In the yr 2005 I entered into an agreement with a builder to construct an apartment over the said land. As per the agreement, builder constructed six flats and gave two flats to me in May,2007. On November, 2010 I sold one of the flat at a consideration amount of Rs 1525000.00. Recently I have received a letter from I.Tax department regarding none filling of the return. Suggest me what should I do now.

2. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

You would have earned Capital Gains on sale of Flat which were required to be disclosed in your Income Tax Return.

I hope such gains were properly disclosed in your Return?

3. Arbind Prasad

Arbind Prasad New Member

Madam,
    For the financial year 2010-11 (AY 2011-12) I did not filled any return as my income in the said year was below Rs 5 lac.

4. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

For Financial Year 2010-11 (i.e. AY 2011-12) the income tax exemption limit was Rs. 1.6 Lakhs

Every person whose income was more than Rs. 1.6 Lakhs in FY 2010-11 was required to pay income tax and file income tax return for the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted