Tax payment by Sr.Citizen

Share This Thread
  1. H.Krishnan

    H.Krishnan New Member

    A Sr. Citizen had retired from a OSZU in 2011. He gets an arrears of Rs 4 lack chargeable under the head salaries in 2015-16. He has pension & interest income. The tax due to arrear is partly deducted by employer. If balance tax payable comes to Rs 75K
    a) Can he, as a Sr. citizen postpone it till 31.7.2016 or should pay by 31.3.2016?
    If payable by 31st March is it advice tax or self assessment taX. ?
  2. nafeesa

    nafeesa Member

    Liability for payment of advance tax is NOT APPLICABLE to senior resident individual who does not have income from business or profession.
    so it is sufficient & enough if he pays self assessment tax by the date of filing of returns.
    and no interest or penalty will be added for non payment of advance tax.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Capital gain exemption u/s 54F if purchase registry date and payment date is different Income Tax Aug 12, 2017
repayment of housing loan Income Tax Jul 27, 2017
TDS Payment from a company to consultant Income Tax May 25, 2017
payment of wages and salary Income Tax May 9, 2017
Payment of Tax, if employers doesn't pay or deduct TDS Income Tax May 5, 2017