TDS claimed in ITR but processed as No Refund No Demand

Share This Thread
  1. himaniagrawal_star

himaniagrawal_star New Member

IN THE RETURN OF F.Y. 2011-12, WE CLAIMED REFUND OF RS 7600/- OF DEDUCTED TDS, BUT ON INCOME TAX SITE IT SHOWS 'PROCESSED WITH NO DEMAND NO REFUND'. WHAT IS IT MEAN AND WHAT ACTIONS REQUITED ON OUR PART TO CLAIM THE REFUND OF RS 7600/-. PLEASE GUIDE ME.

2. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

Check your ITR-V.

If there is a difference in ITR-V and the refunded as computed by Tax Dept, you would have received a notice under Section 143(1) for the same.

3. himaniagrawal_star

himaniagrawal_star New Member

FOR THE F.Y. 2011-12, WE HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY NOTICE UPTO THIS DATE.

4. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

If there is a difference in the ITR as filed by you and as computed by the Income Tax Dept, they will always send Intimation Notice under Section 143(1) about the differences in the ITR as filed by you and as computed by them.

If they have not sent you any intimation and no refund has been given to you - you should contact your income tax officer and have a word with them.

Ravindra Naidu likes this.
  5. Tejassoni

Tejassoni New Member

I Got the Intimation Notice under Section 143(1) and my status itr processed no demand no refund. It Means ?? I will Get refund or not.

6. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Did you claimed the refund in your ITR?
    If you claimed the refund but in the intimation u/s 143(1) its showing no refund or demand then there must have been difference in the two computations.
    Kindly compare the return filed by you and the details as in the notice. The comparison statement is given in the notice itself. See whats the difference.

7. Tejassoni

Tejassoni New Member

Ok. Thanks for giving reply

Draft saved Draft deleted