TDS/Form16A not issued...

Share This Thread
  1. j_srikumar

j_srikumar New Member

My banker deducted Rs.X as TDS on 31st March 2013. I had been waiting to see the sum reflected in 26AS. After about a month, I asked the Bank in May 2014 to issue Form 16A and they took another month and a half to find out the problem. Seems due to some error in processing/revamping some accounts, the Branch lost the PAN nos and hence they had filed the TDS collected for such accounts separately as a lot from the Bank. After my claim, the branch sent the necessary details to the zonal office and later said that the job is done and my complaint attended. But still the amt is not seen n 26AS and I am yet to receive Form 16A from the Bank/Branch. They seem to be unaware of how to proceed with cases like mine.

What should I do now? Shall I file before due date and later pursue the matter with the bank. Then file a revised return? Or can I complain about non issue of form 16A? Where and how should I complain?

Thank you in advance for clarification...

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

Dear @j_srikumar

You can file your ITR without disclosing the Int on FD and the TDS thereon and once all these figures are clear and are reflected in Form 16A/ Form 26AS - you can file a Revised Return

j_srikumar likes this.
  3. Prabal

Prabal New Member

I would recommend that you do not conceal your income as that would invite a very heavy penalty and proceedings.

File the return, keep following up with the bank....if they do not respond, write to their HO and copy the CIT and ITO of your ward. That should work as it is a criminal offence not to deposit TDS deducted.

However, till it is reflected in 26AS, you will not get credit for the TDS and a demand notice will be sent by CPC.

j_srikumar likes this.
  4. j_srikumar

j_srikumar New Member

Thank you Neha and Prabal for your response. As you both said, I think I shall file the returns by due date so that I will be able to file a revised return later to claim the TDS. Thank you again. I find this a very useful and informative Forum and am glad I found it.:)

5. j_srikumar

j_srikumar New Member

Neha & Prabal, I just wanted to share the good news with you: After pursuing continuously with my Banker and posting several complaints, this morning I found the TDS amt reflected in my 26 AS. The amt which was deducted on 31st March, 2014 has been shown only post Filing due date ie 31st July.

Now I want to file a revised return. Can I file it now?

I think I can do so only after sending the ITR V to Bangalore CPC, isn't it?
    Pls clarify.

Draft saved Draft deleted