TDS on salary.

Share This Thread
  1. suraj s nair

    suraj s nair New Member


    My gross salary is below 2.5 Lakh but every month TDS is cut at 10%. Now to reclaim the same using the TDS certificate given by the company, what would be the best procedure?
  2. Prateek1611

    Prateek1611 New Member

    To claim such tds you have to file income tax return. and it is the only procedure.
  3. ZED

    ZED Well-Known Member

    I think you are not in receipt of "salary" , but are in receipt of "fees".
    If it would be a case of salary then tax should not have been deducted at all and even if its deducted then why 10%?
    I think your tax has been deducted u/s 194J . Kindly confirm on the same.
    Because if thats the case, this problem will arise every time when payment will be made to you.
    Check the TDS certificate and tell under which section the tax has been deducted. My guess is that it is u/s 194J. If that's the case then submit form 15G to the person deducting your income and then there shall be no tax deduction. Kindly note this would apply only if your total income is upto 2.5 Lacs before any deductions.

    Further, if tax was deducted u/s 194J then you are required to file ITR-4 only and you can not file ITR-1 to claim the refund.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Salary not received for 1 year Income Tax Dec 12, 2017
How to reduce Tax on my salary? Income Tax Sep 12, 2017
Filing IT return for income from salary and sec 194H Income Tax Aug 2, 2017
TDS2- NON SALARY Income Tax Jul 18, 2017
Income from Salary / Pension (Ensure to Fill "Sch TDS1") Income Tax Jul 13, 2017