TDS Refund if working on Retainer basis

Share This Thread
  1. vidhi pas

vidhi pas New Member

Hello All,
    I started working since 19 Nov 2014 as a legal retainer (contractual) in icici lombard with a salary of 13000 Rs.
    Every month they charge 10 % TDS on my salary and 11700 Rs. gets credited in my account.
    Now please tell me how to get refund of this TDS deducted from my salary as I am not in any tax slab.

Please explain the whole procedure how to fill it online, What documents are required, When to fill it and under which form?

Kindly help.

2. Sumit Agarwal

Sumit Agarwal Active Member

You have to file Income tax return to claim your TDS. And please inform your employer or contact your HR manager that your are not in Income tax slab so no liability for TDS arises.

3. Amit Sahni

Amit Sahni Active Member

To claim TDS Refund, you would be required to file Income Tax Return in ITR 4 in the month of July.

The Income Tax Dept will give you income tax refund approx 6 months after filing the ITR

4. vidhi pas

vidhi pas New Member

I am employed as an retainer in an company on contract basis that is why TDS is being deducted and I have to file return in ITR 4 or 4S or simply in ITR1

5. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

You cannot file ITR 1 as you are not working as an employee in the company and are working on retainer basis.

In such cases, ITR 4 is required to be filed

6. Sailesh Kumar Naidu

Sailesh Kumar Naidu New Member

HI I am a retainer and my income is 135000 per month with at TDS of 10%
    How do I claim my expenses incurred on purchasing mobile phone and other expenses in ITR 4?

Draft saved Draft deleted