Transfer outside City in 2nd year of Articleship

Share This Thread
  1. hitesh gupta

hitesh gupta New Member

Dear Sir

I want to know that can a article get transfer during his 2 year of articleship period on the basis of change of his principal's office from One state (Lajpat Nagr, New Delhi) to another (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Regards

Hitesh Gupta

2. Amit Sahni

Amit Sahni Active Member

You can get a transfer to another city only in case your parents are transferred to another city.

hitesh gupta likes this.
  3. hitesh gupta

hitesh gupta New Member

Mr Amit, Thankyou for your valuable feedback.

But reason provided by you is not only the One reason. There are some more situation in which transfer can be permitted. I just want to confirm that in the present case the distance between both the office is around 30KMs and as per institute guidelines transfer is permitted when distance between the office shifted is at-least 50 Kms.

But in my case both the offices are in different states. So will it be possible for to take transfer in the present case on the change of state basis.

Thanks

4. Amit Sahni

Amit Sahni Active Member

5. hitesh gupta

hitesh gupta New Member

There is another point in the link provided by you, that is ' Shifting by the principal to another city involving distance more than 50 Kms'.

6. Amit Sahni

Amit Sahni Active Member

Is the distance more than 50 kms in your case?

7. hitesh gupta

hitesh gupta New Member

No, it's around 30 Kms Maximum.

But on the basis of different states can a student apply for the transfer?

8. Amit Sahni

Amit Sahni Active Member

No, only on the basis of city transfer - they may not approve articleship transfer.

However, you can still try.

You may mention that the distance is more than 50 kms and if you are lucky ICAI may not check the exact distance and may approve your transfer. Although, there is a low probability that they will approve in such a case - but you can still try

Draft saved Draft deleted