unutilized money of CGAS 1988 in case of death

Share This Thread
  1. If the assesse hss LTCG and he has deposited money in capital gain account scheme 1988 to
    avail exemption u/s 54.
    What will be the tax treatment if assessee dies after one year???
  2. rudrabose

    rudrabose Active Member

    In my personal opinion, there wont be any tax liability in this case and the legal heirs will get the full amount.

    The assessee is liable to reinvest and not his legal heirs.

    Views of other members on the same would also be highly appreciated.
  3. Yes , I also think so . But want any reliable source!!
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads Forum Date
Capital Gains Account unutilized Income Tax Mar 2, 2017
Money invested in CGAS but not invested. What to do? Income Tax Dec 20, 2017
Where your money gets Invested in NPS? Income Tax Nov 21, 2017
Tax on Credit card transaction for money Income Tax Sep 30, 2017
Tax on money given by parent after selling their property Income Tax Sep 11, 2017