What is the Indian Income Tax implication on UAE income of a Resident Indian?

Share This Thread
  1. Kushal Suyal

Kushal Suyal New Member

I moved from India to UAE and joined UAE company on Mar 15, 2016. I was paid from Mar 15, 2016 to Mar 31, 2016 at the end of April 2016 (along with April, 2016 salary) in UAE bank account.
    Will Indian Income Tax be applicable on this income (Mar 15, 2016 to Mar 31, 2016) for the fiscal year 2015–16?

2. Income Tax query

Income Tax query New Member

Mr. Suyal, as per Income Tax act 1961 section 6(1), if a person is resident in India for period of 182 days or more, he will be a resident person. And as per section 5 of said act for such resident person all income he has earned during previous year (in your case 2015-16) shall be taxable under Indian Income tax act. (Assumed you resided in India for remaining period in the FY 2015-16 before leaving)

3. NITINSHARMA30921

NITINSHARMA30921 New Member

Hi kushal

You are covered under section 9 of income tax act, 1961. your global income will be taxable in india for FY 2015-16. However, you can get a foreign tax credit of taxes you paid abroad. Further a lot depends upon India-UAE tax treaty. Please let me know in case you need further assistance at [email protected]

Thanks
    Nitin

4. Kushal Suyal

Kushal Suyal New Member

OK. Thanks!
    How will I pay income tax on foreign income which is earned in foreign currency and credited in a foreign bank account? Which ITR form I need to fill?

Draft saved Draft deleted