What to do if Return treated as Invalid - 139(9)

Share This Thread
  1. VIVEK RANGU

VIVEK RANGU New Member

i have file the return but not submit the balance sheet. the Income tax Department was sent the U/s 139 (9) notice but i not respond to that letter and my Return was invalid so what i have to do

2. VIVEK RANGU

VIVEK RANGU New Member

I have the filed the client return. But I did not mentioned the P&L and Balance sheet so the Income tax Department send the 139(9) notice so I not respondent to that letter and that my client return was showing the Invalid return what i have do now

3. Pawan9530

Pawan9530 New Member

Mera IT RETURN 2015-16 OR 16-17 JO KI MENE 120 DINO KE BAD ME VERYFY KIYA THA LEKIN AB JAB MENE ADHAR OTP SE KYA H TO WO AB INVALID BATA RAHA H AB US INVALID KO HATANE KE LIYE KYA KARNA PADEGA PLZ REPLAY

4. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

If a return is treated as invalid - it means that the govt will assume that you have never filed your return.

So in such a case - you would be required to again file your ITR from scratch by furnishing all details again.

The return already filed would not be considered

5. tullyka

tullyka New Member

I have received notice under sec 139(9) . My Gross Receipt is Rs. 5,00,000 ( Five lakh) and Profit was Rs. 2,80,000 ( Two lahk Eighty Thousand) and there was an expense of Rs. 40,000 which includes cost of rent . So the total net profit was Rs. 2,40,000 ( Two Lakh Forty thousand ) which is below the limit of Income up to Rs 2,50,000 . Please let me know do I need to respond to this notice or not .

6. financialcontrol.in

financialcontrol.in New Member

This is the common notice received by the Taxpayer due to following reasons:
    • Selection of Wrong ITR form
    • If the Tax assessment by the assessee by wrong and tax paid of partial.
    • Mismatch of Name in ITR and PAN
    If the Assessee Officer found some discrepancies in the return, you will have to shake hands with the Notice u/s 139(9) of the Income Tax Act.

You must revise your return correcting the mistake which you have received in the notice and resubmit.

https://financialcontrol.in/income-tax-notice-list/

Draft saved Draft deleted