When to Deposit Service Tax?

Share This Thread
  1. nkp042004

nkp042004 New Member

IN REGARDS MY FIRST Q. AGENT RISE BILL WHEN PAYMENT RECD. AND HANDOVER TO SUPPLIER HE RISE COMMISSION BILL INCLUDING SERVICE TAX.

IN THIS AGENT START GIVING SERVICE WHEN SUPPLIER BILL RISE TO PURCHASERS BUT HE WILL RECEIVE COMMISSION AFTER PAYMENT RECEIVED BY SUPPLIER AND IT WILL TAKE 2 TO 6 MONTH. MY QUE. IS WHEN AGENT LIABLE TO DEPOSIT SERVICE TAX .

FOR EXAMPLE AGENT SOLD MANY SUPPLIERS GOODS IN MONTH SEPT AND HE WILL RECEIVE COMMISSION WHEN PAYMENT MADE WILL BE IN MONTH OF DEC. JAN AND THAT TIME HE WILL RISE COMMISSION BILL TO SUPPLIER AND GET COMMISSION JUST CLIERFY WHEN AGENT DEPOSIT SERVICE TAX?

2. If the service rendered in the month of September, then the service tax to be paid by 6th (by online) or 5th of October.

3. Velmurugan M

Velmurugan M New Member

My view is,

Though the service is rendered in the month of Sep, the bill for the service provided can be raised on the service receiver, after the sales proceeds realised. ie. in Dec/Jan. Hence, if the bill raised during Dec, then the Service Tax to be paid on or before 5th of the next month.

please advice whether this is correct?

4. @Velmurugan M In this case, if the service is rendered and completed in Sep, and bill is raised in Dec/Jan, and the payment for the same is received after issuing invoice, service tax to be paid by 5th or 6th Oct.

Draft saved Draft deleted