where I need to enter HRA & conveyance allowances in ITR 1 while I am applying online?

Share This Thread
  1. varun89

varun89 New Member

Sir I'm serving in defence force.
    Suppose my annual salary as per my Pay slips is 10 Lakh. Out of this One Lakh are Tax exempted allowances like transport allowance, Hardness allowance etc. My question is -
    1. Do i have to show my salary as 10 lakh or 9 lakh. Because there is no option of filling details of exempted allowances in ITR-1 . If i mention 10 lakh then i wont be able to minus my exempted allowances amount of 1 lakh and i'll have to pay tax on that one lakh
    2. Whether to file ITR 1 or 2 .

please guide me.

2. Karan Batra

Karan Batra Well-Known Member

File ITR 1 and mention the taxable salary and not the exempted portion. So the salary to be mention in your case in ITR 1 is Rs. 9 Lakhs

varun89 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted