Who is responsible to collect service tax from end user on software in distri-dealer-sub dealer case

Share This Thread
  1. Datanal

Datanal New Member

To the Service Tax expert panel

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to know relevant rules for the following situation:
    A small scale sub-dealer was purchased Microsoft software licenses from a dealer for amount X plus VAT1 plus service tax ST1 on amount X. Dealer invoice contains sub-dealer PAN & Service tax registration number. Then sub-dealer sold same software without modifying to a end-user(govt department) at a price Y plus applicable VAT2 plus applicable service tax ST2 on amount Y. The govt. Department I.e. End-user withheld the service tax amount ST2 stating the sub-dealer should remit the entire amount ST2 to govt. Account and produce the challan for releasing with-hold service amount ST2. As this is multilevel transaction, sub-dealer has already paid the service tax amount of ST1 to dealer and (ST2 - ST1) to govt account, in this situation will you guide me for the following:
    1. Whether the end-user can insist for remittance of ST2 amount to govt. Account before release of withheld amount? Relevant rules please.

2. If not, on which rules sub-dealer ask the end-user to released the withheld amount?
    3. Any advice to get release of withheld amount.

With regards,
    Datanal GN

Draft saved Draft deleted