Will a break in Articleship affect my eligibility for CA Final?

Share This Thread
  1. Abhijeetsoni

Abhijeetsoni New Member

Hi friends..,

Please help me out in knowing my final eligiblity.

Article ship commencement with firm - 1 : 11/03/2013
    Tremination of article ship at firm - 1 : 05/10/2013

Re join Article ship at firm - 2 : 13/02/2014

Period dis continued : 5 months.

If i mention my date of article ship at firm 1 , my final exam attempt shall be Nov 2015.

Will there be any problem due to article ship dis continued for 5 months ? is my final attempt delayed to may 2016?
    Kindly revert back soon.
    Mail : [email protected]
    Ph. : 08801128060

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

To be eligible to appear for CA Final, a candidate should have completed minimum 2.5 years of Articleship.

In your case, your 2.5 years of Articleship wont be completed till Nov 15 and therefore you wont be eligible to appear for Nov 15 Exams.

Your 2.5 years of Articleship would be completed by May 16 and therefore you can appear for May 16 Exams.

3. Harsh Wadhwa

Harsh Wadhwa New Member

Hello Neha,

Please tell whether 2.5year is inclusive of excess leave or not????
    My article ship commencement date is 26/03/2013 , my final attempt nov2015,,,,, but i have excess leave in first year year of articleship,,,,,,,, can it impact on my final exam or there is wiil be extention of article ship????

4. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

When you rejoined Articleship, an id-card would be have been issued to you on which the date of completion of articleship would be mentioned.

Please check that date and based on this date you can compute which attempt you would be eligible for.

You can appear for the attempt falling less than 6 months before the completion of your articleship date.

5. hargun kaur

hargun kaur New Member

Neha, did u get any way out?

Draft saved Draft deleted