Will May 14 CA Exams be postponed

Share This Thread
  1. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

Some people told me that CA Exams scheduled to be held in May 14 may be postponed to June 14...

Is this true ????

2. Chartered Club

Chartered Club Administrator

In 2009, because of Elections in the month of April-May 2009, the exams were postponed to June 09

If elections again happen this year in the month of April-May 2014, ICAI will have to postpone the exams to June 09.

However, it is still unclear on the exact dates of the election. The way things are shaping up - it is expected that Elections would again be held in April-May this year as a result of which Exams may be postponed.

The whole picture is expected to become clear by Mid-Feb after both the Date Sheet as well as the Election Dates have been announced.

3. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

But postponement of exams has some serious repurcussions like - CA Exams may clash with CS & CWA Exams.

Moreover Result would also be announced 1 month late in which may adversely affect the Campus Placements and IPCC Students would get less time to search for articleship. Moreover, students who don't succeed in this attempt would have much lesser time to appear again for next attempt.

Even the Revaluation Results would be coming late :'(

It may cause complexities in the whole exam system as exam forms for Nov attempt would also be delayed and ICAI will have less time for processing the same.

Moreover, June is too hot for giving the exams.... I hope the exams don't get postponed... Fingers crossed...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted