wrong be lated return

Share This Thread
  1. Ashutosh Gupta

Ashutosh Gupta New Member

Sir
    i filed my income tax "be lated" return with wrong figures in salary. I had shown salary 51,15,000 in place of 15,15,000. should i verify my return and wait for notice? what i should do? how it will be rectified?

2. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

Was the return showing tax payable?

3. Ashutosh Gupta

4. Ashutosh Gupta

5. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

In your case you need to revise the particulars of income. You might be knowing that belated return can not be revised. Rectification can be done only when the income particulars are not to be changed, even if you file rectification application same shall be rejected.

That's the main risk of filing a belated return.

S.139(5) If any person, having furnished a return under sub-section (1), or in pursuance of a notice issued under sub-section (1) of section 142, discovers any omission or any wrong statement therein, he may furnish a revised return at any time before the expiry of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year or before the completion of the assessment, whichever is earlier :
    [A belated return filed u/s 139(4) can not be revised.]

Extracts from rectification manual
    In case of change in 'Income', a rectification should NOT be filed. A revised Income Tax Return should be filed in this case, of course, subject to the time limit as per the Income Tax Act, 1961

As you can see that there is no provision under the Income Tax Act , I will have to use the provisions from the constitution of India.

There are ways to handle this situation but some of them can be complex. I hope simple one can be done, the other approaches can take months.
    I need to see your return for some info. Send the same to my mail.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  6. Ashutosh Gupta

thanks sir i will provide you still it is not verified

Draft saved Draft deleted