Wrong Filing of ITR Assessment Year is wrong

Share This Thread
  1. Rohit Kapoor

Rohit Kapoor New Member

Hi,

From a site i found that by Form-16 I can fill the ITR. I have Form-16 for 2012-13. So I filed the ITR from that site but when I open the file it is for year 2013-14. It means I made a mistake. I have got a mail from income tax deptt. that sign the attached for and send it to us with in 120 days.
    Please let me know if I do not send the form after signing it and file another ITR from IT Deptt. sites , what will happen then. Will it be a mistake or it can be done. I am in a very big confuseion and have talked to many but it only increased my confusion.
    Please help me. I want to file ITR for 2012-13 and 2013-14. I would be grateful to you.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  2. VAIBHAV DILIP RANE

VAIBHAV DILIP RANE Active Member

Dear Sir,

When you file ITR 1, 2, 3, 4, 4S, 5, 6 etc. online, at Income Tax E-filing Portal, after successful completion of Filing your return, IT dept send ITR-V (that is, Acknowledgement Copy) to your email ID.

This ITR-V, is also a Verification and Confirmation of your return file, so you MUST sign this ITR-V with a Blue Ball pen and send the same with Ordinary post or Speed Post to CPC Bangalore.

ITR-V must send within 120 Days to CPC Bangalore. When they get your ITR-V signed copy they will send again a ITR V Receipt copy, stating they have received your ITR - V,

** But if you have NOT send a signed ITR V within Time Limit is as equal to "NON - FILING" of Income Tax Return for Respective Year.

So not only Filing ITR is important, but also submitting signed ITR V on time is also Important.

** CAs are there in markets, take their help, they are for you. :)

3. Rita Bedi

Rita Bedi New Member

would you solve the querries of scurtiny of income tax

4. ZED

ZED Well-Known Member

@Rita Bedi
    Can assist you in solving it yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted