Wrong stats

Share This Thread
  1. Rishi Saxena

Rishi Saxena New Member

Hi

Your link http://www.charteredclub.com/income-tax-slabs/ talks about the tax slabs but mentions only %ages. For e.g. if taxable income is above 5 Lakhs & below 10 lakhs .. then the final tax should be Rs25,000 + 20% of the amount above 5 lakhs.

Please rectify as the information is misleading.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  2. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

It says that for income from 2.5 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs - 10% tax is applicable and for 5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs - 20% tax is applicable.

So it has been logically explained.

10% of income between 2.5 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs is 25,000 only. But, if someone is telling you 25000 + 20% and not telling the logic as explained in the link - he is just cramming the law and not explaining it which in my viewpoint is not correct.

It is important to understand the law and not to cram it.

3. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

Moreover, this is how it is written in the Income Tax Act as well.

4. Rishi Saxena

Rishi Saxena New Member

You are not explaining the law but just copy pasting it!
    Point here was that if this logical explanation is really helpful on a practical note? As similar information is already available on N number of tax websites whether it is govt. or private. Ideally you should take an example & explain in detail for better understanding of others if you really want people to get benefited out of it; I would like to suggest that way!

However, this is just to help add value to your blog & not to debate forever creating a chaos. Hope i'm clear.

5. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

There is already a query section wherein people can always post queries.

Post your query and you'll get a response.

PS: We prefer to post the right information rather than posting wrong information which is easy to interpret.

Draft saved Draft deleted