Bank not issuing Form 16A. What shd I do?

Share This Thread
  1. Balasubramanian

Balasubramanian New Member

Dear Q & A Forum,

I am IT Professional and I have a following query and seeking for help.

Since FY 2005-06 to FY2012-13, I have invested in FDs (Fixed Deposit) for different tenure like some on things are 1 year term, some of 2 yrs term. Same way, some of the FDs I have collected Interest on monthly basis and some of the FDs I have collected Interest on the time of maturity.

My problem is I have never got TDS Document ie Form 16 A from Canara bank for any of the Financial Years. HERE MY QUESTION IS, WHETHER THE BANK HAS TO SEND FROM16A THRU POST / GIVE AS IN PERSION OR NOT? IRRESPECTIVE OF CUSTOMER IS ASKING OR NOT? THERE IS ANY RBI (RESERVE BANK of INDIA) NORMS OR GUIDE LINES?

NOTE: Even I have not get any TDS Statements.

Why I am asking this questions is, recently I got some of TDS statement (after long fight from Canara Bank, even its incomplete), from that I have understand that they detected TDS. But it’s not reflected in IT DEPT (INCOME TAX)TRACE Form 26 AS. So I not able to do procedure to get refund from IT DEPT.

Regards
    Balasubramanian N

2. rudrabose

rudrabose Active Member

It is the responsibility of the banker to ensure that Form 16A is delivered to the person whose TDS on FD is being deducted.

Alternatively, You can also demand for the same.

In case they are not issuing you the Form 16 - you can always mail the higher authorities of the bank and inform them abt the same.

3. Balasubramanian

Balasubramanian New Member

Thanks a lot Rudrabose

Draft saved Draft deleted