CA Final Nov 17 - New Course or Old Course?

Share This Thread
  1. Deepti Nagpal

Deepti Nagpal New Member

my attempt of ca final is nov 17.... and i have not yet registered for finals.... i am planning to get registered in may 16... so that i can get new course module... so will the notification of giving exams after 3 years of articleship will be applicable on me? and also, suggest me whether i should get registered now or shall i wait till may 16 to get the syllabus changed as i want to give exams of new course....
    pls suggest!

2. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

For the next few attempts, ICAI would be continuing with both the existing as well as new course simultaneously.

Existing course students would be given the option to either continue with the existing course or new course.

In case you shift to the new course, your attempt will be after 3 years. In case you continue with the existing course, your attempt will be after 2.5 years

3. Deepti Nagpal

Deepti Nagpal New Member

Thank you sir
    so as per you i should get registered now and shall not wait for may 16....
    and also i should opt for existing course if i want to give my attempt after 2.5 years....
    and what subjects i can study now in my free time....so that no big changes will be there in those subjects in nov 17

4. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

By default, you are in the existing course only

You only have to intimate in case you intent to shift to the new course.

In the absence of any intimation, you would be treated as existing course student only and the rules applicable to existing course students will apply to you as well

5. Deepti Nagpal

Deepti Nagpal New Member

Okay sir... Thankyou so much for the replies!

Draft saved Draft deleted