Can I reinvest Capital Gains in my Business?

Share This Thread
  1. Akash Guru

Akash Guru New Member

Hi i sold last month my property.

My question is exemption from capital gain tax & with in a period of time is it possible to invest
    capital gain to business.

Pls revert

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  2. Aditi Gulati

Aditi Gulati Active Member

To claim capital gains exemption - you should reinvest the gains in Residential property or Bonds only and not in business.

However, you only have to invest for 3 years. After 3 years - you can sell the asset and then invest the money in your business.

3. Akash Guru

Akash Guru New Member

Ok reinvesting gain in residential or bonds up to that extent is there any way to invest in business.

4. Akash Guru

Akash Guru New Member

Ok reinvesting gain in residential or bonds up to that extent is there any way to invest in business.

But on other way we heard about there was no tax attract for using to business up to the extent of investing to bonds & residential property that means with in one year or next sep.

5. Aditi Gulati

Aditi Gulati Active Member

Till the time of filing of your income tax returns - you can use the funds in any manner what you like.

But, the capital gains would be required to be reinvested either in property or bonds. If before filing the income tax return, you have not reinvested either in property or bonds - you would be required to deposit this amount in capital gains account scheme which can later be withdrawn for investment in bonds or property.

In short, you can use these funds in your business till the time of filing of your income tax return.

6. Akash Guru

Akash Guru New Member

Ok thank u

Draft saved Draft deleted