Conversion to Direct Entry: Exemption carry forward?

Share This Thread
  1. ritika narang

ritika narang New Member

Respected sir, I am a IPCC student ...i appeared for 1st group in nov 2014 n got exemption in tax bt did nt clear ...so d result came on 4/02/2014 n d next day I registered 4 article ship n converted now i got a letter stating that my registration date is 9/02/2014 n so my doubt is that can i pay fine after i have sent the application n appear in nov 2015 n if nt then in may 2016 which portion will be applicable the new syllabus or old n what abouty exemption....i request u to plzzz help me in this matter so that i can learn accordingly ...plzz reply to the earliest ...

2. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

There is a lack of clarity in the above query

Request you to kindly re-explain the query

3. ritika narang

ritika narang New Member

Sir, I got exemption in tax when i wrote in nov 2014 n the result came on 4/02/2015 n on 5/02/2015 i sent the conversion form n direct entry form n they sent me a letter telling that they have considerd my registration only from 9/02/2015 so my doubt is that can I pay fine for sending the application late n write in nov 2015 or may 16? l also heard the syllabus is changing for may 16 so if i write in may 16 is that applicable for me n will my exemption b carried forward.. Please reply to the earliest sir....

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  4. gaurav_kumar

Now you cannot pay fine. You should have paid the fine at the time of sending the form.

You wont be able to complete 9 months of articleship as on 1st Nov 2015 and therefore you wont be eligible to appear for Nov 15 Exams.

You would now be eligible to appear for May 16 Exams

5. ritika narang

ritika narang New Member

Thank you sir for clearing my doubt...sir is the new syllabus applicable for me n will my exemption be carried forward when I write in may?

6. gaurav_kumar

No, new syllabus will not be applicable in your case.

And exemption will be carried forward till May 16 i.e. for next 3 attempts and not beyond that.

7. ritika narang

ritika narang New Member

OK sir ....thanks a lot for clearing my doubs sir.....

Draft saved Draft deleted