Deduction u/s 80CCD(2) for Employer Contribution not mentioned in Form 16

Share This Thread
  1. Prakash19

Prakash19 New Member

I am a bank employee,I contribute Rs.3000/- approx to NPS and the same amt. contribute by Bank(employer).My contribution to NPS is included in the Gross Salary but not the Employer's contribution, but it reflects some where in the Salary slip.In Form 16 also,Employer's contribution to NPA doesn't included in the annual Gross Salary. So my query is,
    1. Am i eligible for Deduction under 80CCD(2) i,e Contribution by employer to NPS
    where as it is not included in Gross Salary.
    For ex. Am i eligible for deduction of Rs.72000[36000 for 80CCD(1)+36000 for 80CCD(2)] under 80CCD

2.To avail Deduction under 80CCD(2) whether i have to add employer's contribution to NPS to Gross Salary but it will change the figure of Form 16.

Plese suggest

Thanking You.

2. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

1. Yes, you can claim deduction for amount deposited in NPS by your employer
    2. It would be added in your income and then allowed as a deduction under NPS.

Draft saved Draft deleted