Does Articleship in Big Firm restrict a person to 1 field?

Share This Thread
  1. viraj agrawal

viraj agrawal New Member

i haave cleared both grps of ipcc.and now i am thinkng to join articleship.i came to know about certain big firms other than big 4 like- sjaykisan & co. R kothari& co. LB jha &co. ss kothari & co. i want to know that which firm will be best for learning. and i have heard that these firms restrict a student to a paricular department. is it SO pleaase reply ASAP thanku

2. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

All Big firms restrict an article to a specific field only.

The firms that you are referring to are big in scale but not as big as the Big 4's.

So in these firms although you would mainly be working in 1 field only, you may get to work in other fields as well. But work in other fields would be fairly less as compared to the 1 field in which you would be mainly working.

viraj agrawal likes this.
  3. viraj agrawal

viraj agrawal New Member

Thanx mam for your valuable suggestions.
    I also wanted to know whether the firms which i have mentioned above will be better or the small firms.and don't you think that these above mentioned fIrms add a brand to article that will make it easy for me 2 get job in future.

4. Parul_Gupta

Parul_Gupta Active Member

Both big and small firms have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Big firms offer a big brand name and it will help you in the long run if you intent to opt for employment.

Small firms give you the exposure of all the fields which will help in the long run if you intent to opt for practice.

So both have their own advantages. It's like you are comparing apples and oranges.

viraj agrawal likes this.
  5. Rudra

Rudra Active Member

Cant we go for a practice even after doing articles in Big Firm?

Draft saved Draft deleted