Filing ITR of previous years if Tax fully paid

Share This Thread
  1. Nag Sayee

Nag Sayee New Member

Dear Sir,

I did not file return for AY 2013-14 (FY 2012-13). There is no tax due from me as everything has been deducted in TDS. Can I e-file the return now? If so any fines will be there? And Can I do it in the income tax portal.

2. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

Yes, you can file a Belated Return of Income Tax for AY 2013-14 anytime before 31st March 2015

As all your taxes have already been deducted in the form of TDS, therefore No Interest/Penalty would be levied in your case.

Nag Sayee likes this.
  3. Nag Sayee

Nag Sayee New Member

Thanks that helps. One follow up query - I think we need to send the print out of e file copy to Bangalore IT center. Is this compulsory. I had done the e filing for earlier AY 2011-12 - the first year e filing was compulsory but did not send the printed copy to B'lore.

4. Nag Sayee

Nag Sayee New Member

Thanks that helps. One follow up query - I think we need to send the print out of e file copy to Bangalore IT center. Is this compulsory. I had done the e filing for earlier AY 2011-12 - the first year e filing was compulsory but did not send the printed copy to B'lore.

5. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Active Member

Yes, in case of efiling of income tax returns - it is necessary for you to sign the ITR V and send it to CPC - Bangalore Office

6. Nag Sayee

Nag Sayee New Member

Great, appreciate your prompt response. Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted