how to pay online Income Tax if No TDS has been deducted?

Share This Thread
  1. Sheweta C

Sheweta C New Member

Hi,
    I am a first time tax payer.
    I have switched a job in the middle of this financial year(2014-15).
    No TDS has been deducted by both of my employers.
    I have calculated tax payable amount which is around 2000 rs.
    So my question is while paying the tax online which option I should choose under the Type of Payment Heading?
    (Advance Tax or Self Assessment Tax?)
    And which challan I should use while paying the tax, from this link-https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp
    Can somebody please guide me?

2. Shishir Nayak

Shishir Nayak Member

You need to pay advance tax first.

Self Assessment tax means any balance tax paid by the assessee on the assessed income after taking into account the TDS and Advancetax before filing the Return of income.

3. gaurav_kumar

gaurav_kumar Well-Known Member

If you are paying the tax in the same financial year in which the income has been earned - it would be regarded as Advance Tax. If you are paying the tax after the end of the financial year - it would be considered as Self Assessment Tax

4. Sheweta C

Sheweta C New Member

5. hemanth k

hemanth k New Member

dear frd you need not to pay advance tax if taxable income is less than 10000.So u don't worry about payment of tax.You can proceed by sahaj return (itr-1) if income only form salary and house property.plese refer fowlling section 208 for further reference
    CONDITIONS FOR LIABILITY TO PAY ADVANCE TAX [SECTION 208]

Advance Tax, as computed in accordance with the provisions of the Income Tax Act shall be payable during a financial year only, when the amount of such Advance Tax payable by the assessee exceeds Rs.10,000/- or more.

Draft saved Draft deleted