Mistake in deducting tax through TDS, How to rectify

Share This Thread
  1. venkatcsk

venkatcsk New Member

My employer has deducted only 50/- Rs while he has to deduct 1600/- from the salary.
    So I have paid the the amount 1600/- through online as advance tax and it has be entered in my 26A form.
    Now when he has to prepare form 16, he has again not included the payment of my advance tax and prepared form 16 showing I have to pay tax of 1590/- more.
    Now what would be consequences that I have to face and how to deal with it.

2. Neha Agarwal

Neha Agarwal Member

Payment of tax of Rs 1550 was in the hand of employer. In this case there is no need to pay advance tax as you are not responsible to pay tax. Employer should have deposited rest of the tds amount of Rs 1550/- to Govt & should have revised the tds return. Extra liability will be in your hand when you have income from other sources & employer don't know. He has to calculate tax liability as per tax slab which he hasn't. Finally You need to take back amount of Rs 1550/- from employer.
    Thanks

venkatcsk likes this.
  3. sai tejesh(ca.final)

sai tejesh(ca.final) Active Member

You just forget about form16,which was issued by your employer.
    Any way you had paid balance income tax which is not deducted by your employer.
    Don't bother about "why my employer does not shown advance tax which was paid by me in form16?".As we have to show only tds amounts in form16,not advance tax..
    It is sufficient if it get reflects in 26AS statment.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    venkatcsk and Ninad N S like this.
  4. Neha Agarwal

Neha Agarwal Member

Tejesh ji. Employer has deducted 1600 but deposited Rs 50 only. Employer is still liable to pay Rs 1550 to above assessee. However rest of the tax liability is paid by assessee at his/her own end & that will be reflecting in 26AS, he/she need to take back 1550 from employer....

venkatcsk likes this.
  5. sai tejesh(ca.final)

Dear madam,
    Please and please read the question once again..Employer deducted only RS.50 not RS.1600/-

venkatcsk likes this.
  6. Neha Agarwal

Neha Agarwal Member

Sai Ji, That was written mistakenly, If employer has deducted only Rs 50/- even he should pay Rs 1550 back to assessee.

venkatcsk likes this.
  7. sai tejesh(ca.final)

Ok any way leave it..the main objective of ours is the person who posted the query have to satisfy with our solutions.
    i will be very happy if venkat sir get solved from his problem by reading our replies(either from me or you).

venkatcsk and Neha Agarwal like this.
  8. Neha Agarwal

Neha Agarwal Member

The same motive I am having................
    Thanks.......both of you..................

venkatcsk likes this.
  9. venkatcsk

venkatcsk New Member

I am very thankful to both Ms. Neha Agarwal and Mr. Sai Tejas for your solutions.
    I would like to let you know that my Account officer has shown me a notice sent by IT dept issued on TAN no of college that 1549+30(as interest)=1580 to be paid as short deduction.
    In the month of february he has deducted 50 and in march i have paid advance tax.

Madam a doubt arised after going through ur reply is that if i ask my A/C officer to deduct the amount and from my salary this month and is it possible to get that amount that i paid get in return through my IT returns to filed by this may or june.

but now that a notice has been issued to the college, if at all he has to deduct then the interest of 3o rs will be born by whom?

10. sai tejesh(ca.final)

You already paid your balance TDS as advance tax to department..so there is no need to ask your A/C officer to deduct again from your salary.
    When comes to interest on TDS..It is your employer default for non deduction of TDS within the due date.
    So obviously that RS.30/- is your emp'rs liability not your liability.

Draft saved Draft deleted